Spiritual Defense & Reliance
Principia needs and expects every student to join faculty and staff in contributing to the spiritual strength and well-being of our community. Opportunities and proven ways of doing this include:
- Study of our Pastor and the Bible Lesson
- Prayer-based focus during the three Quiet Time periods each week:
- Mondays 11:00 - 11:20 a.m.
- Tuesdays/Thursdays 10:50 - 11:10 a.m.
- Support for church; for example, attending church, Sunday School, CSO
- Participation in weekly EMC offerings (Exploring Metaphysical Concepts)
- Finding inspiration, comfort, and joy in Hymn Sings
- Use of Christian Science Study Rooms in each house and around campus (with study materials including JSH-online in many)
Spiritual Reliance and Medical Use at Principia
As an educational community, Principia seeks to nurture, support, and inspire spiritual progress and healing among its members. It does not dictate treatment or prescribe conditions for healing; those decisions belong to individuals and their families.