Spiritual Defense & Reliance
Principia needs and expects every student to join faculty and staff in contributing to the spiritual strength and well-being of our community. Opportunities and proven ways of doing this include:
- Study of our Pastor and the Bible Lesson
- Prayer-based focus during the three Quiet Time periods each week:
- Mondays 11:00 - 11:20 a.m.
- Tuesdays/Thursdays 10:50 - 11:10 a.m.
- Support for church; for example, attending church, Sunday School, CSO
- Participation in weekly EMC offerings (Exploring Metaphysical Concepts)
- Finding inspiration, comfort, and joy in Hymn Sings
- Use of Christian Science Study Rooms in each house and around campus (with study materials including JSH-online in many)
Of Principia's 23 foundational Policies, which all students, faculty and staff have committed to, Policy 4 provides that "Members of the faculty, staff and student body will be expected to rely on Christian Science for healing." For more information, please refer to the Student Right to Know webpage.